Artificial Tropical Thatch Covers for Palapas
The tiki hut structures and thatched umbrellas you see at theme parks and other destinations make a great impression. Often, these can inspire small business owners to implement tiki décor at their own establishments – or, give homeowners the idea to do it as a landscaping project. If you’re inspired, one of the first questions you may have is whether that remarkable thatch you saw was natural or artificial. Often, the answer is the surprising one: More often than not, they’re using artificial thatch roofing.
Why Businesses Use Artificial Thatch Roofs
There are some great reasons why artificial thatch roofs, umbrellas and gazebos are popular with many kinds of commercial businesses, especially recreational, hospitality and dining establishments. Some of those reasons are listed here.
Their smooth, level finish. Artificial tropical thatch covers look and feel remarkably alike their natural thatch counterparts. If you prefer a tiki roof with a smooth, even appearance over an organic, rural one, then you may like them even better. The cleaner finish can mean better curb appeal for your business – so if that is something you value, consider artificial thatch alternatives for your tiki roofing.
Their incontestable strength. Although appropriately treated organic palapa thatch can last up to five years, artificial thatch products can for several more years on top of that. This is why outdoor businesses, including theme parks and zoos, opt for artificial thatch roofs for their structures. Our high quality, 100% recyclable HDPE is strong enough to avoid deterioration for years, if not decades, more than natural thatch.
The wise investment. For a commercial property, cutting overhead is the fastest way to better profits. Rather than adding costly thatch roof replacements into your budget every five years, artificial tropical thatch covers can last a decade or more so they can easily fit into your long-term plans. Ask us about proper treatment and maintenance to ensure their optimal longevity.
How To Install Artificial Tropical Thatch Roofing
Artificial thatch applications are easy to install. Follow these steps, and feel free to contact us if you have questions during the process.
• First, gather your tools: a tape measure to measure the length of your thatch panels, sharp scissors or looping shears to cut them, and a staple gun or nail gun to secure them to your frame.
• Using the scissors or looping shears, cut your panels to your chosen size. Wondering what size to cut them to? There are different recommended sizes depending on your desired aesthetic – Hawaiian, African, Asian, European, etc. – and we would be happy to advise you on the best size for the style you’re choosing.
• Once you have cut your thatch panels, measure and mark the locations where they will go on your frame. Using a marker, mark the exact area where you want to install each one.
• Now, begin installing the first layer of thatch panels at the bottom row. Starting at the bottom will create a more organic look, which can offset any reservations you may have about using artificial thatch products.
• Next, install your next layer of panels above the first one. For even coverage, a rule of thumb is to overlap each panel by seven to eight inches. If you feel your desired outcome may call for different overlapping guidelines, don’t hesitate to call us with your questions.
• Cover the peak at the top of your tiki hut or palapa roof with smaller pieces you’ve cut from our artificial tropical thatch covers. Do the same with the hips on the slope of your roof. But sure to measure those gaps first, so you can cut your panels to seamlessly fill in the gaps.
To learn more about how to install artificial tropical thatch roofing on your structure, call Tiki Shack Importer. We will be glad to answer your questions as you begin your first residential or commercial tiki roof project.
Place Your Order for Artificial Thatch Products Today
Ready to place your order for artificial thatch roofing? We can ship it for free, directly to your door, and most orders ship out the same day. If you prefer to pick up your order in person from our Southern California warehouse, call us at 951-662-3472 to schedule an appointment for a pickup time. Please be aware that we are only open for pickups Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., with a one hour break from 12:30 to 1:30.
Call 1-866-944-TIKI (8454) to place an order.
We offer free shipping to your door!