Quality, Recyclable Artificial Palm Thatch for Building Projects
Artificial versions of organic construction landscaping materials have become very popular, both for residential and commercial use. One of the most obvious examples of this is the growing acceptance of synthetic turf grass. Artificial grass has become incredibly popular – and while it may be the best example of choosing a synthetic alternative over a natural material, it certainly isn’t the only one. Another great example of this is artificial thatch roofing, which is packaged in long rolls so you can cut them to your desired size of artificial thatch shingle. From there, you can use them to cover the roof of your tiki bar or tiki hut.
Choosing the Artificial Thatch Advantage
Artificial tropical thatch covers are a cost conscious, eco-friendly alternative to naturally resourced thatch materials. Our artificial palm thatch is made from 100% recyclable HDPE, also known as high density polyethylene or extruded plastic. This material has been known to last up to four times longer than natural palm thatch, and yet it looks incredibly similar. In fact, a storefront can have a lot more curb appeal because of the smooth, clean appearance of artificial thatch shingle. The same goes for a large destination property, hospitality or dining establishment.
Other Advantages of Artificial Palm Thatch
There are many other advantages of artificial thatch roofing specific to exterior installations. They include the material’s resistance to pests, resistance to mold and of course, weather resistance for many more years than natural thatch. If properly cared for, artificial thatch roofs can last for 20 years or more. While time and the elements will cause natural thatch to deteriorate in two to five years, synthetic thatch can last for decades – making it the smarter investment for just about any enterprise.
However, there is one weather related note: While heavy wind and rain will not ravage our artificial palm thatch, it should not be exposed to snowy conditions. The weight and moisture of snow is not a good match for any thatch material, natural or synthetic. If you live in a hurricane prone area, please let us know so we can advise you on the proper care and maintenance of your artificial thatch roofing.
Installing Our Artificial Tropical Thatch Covers
Our artificial thatch roofs are simple to install, even for most beginners. Follow these steps as you begin, and feel free to contact us if you have questions as you work on your project.
• First, gather your tools. This includes measuring tape to measure the width and length of your desired panels, sharp scissors or looping shears to cut the material, and a staple gun or nail gun to secure the panels on the roof.
• Cut to your chosen panel size; again, call us if you would like guidance on this. There are different recommended sizes depending on whether you want your finished roof to emulate the thatched roofs of Hawaii, Bali, Capetown, the Caribbean or even Europe.
• Once you have cut and measured your panels, mark the locations on the roof where you will place them. Be sure to mark the specific spot where you want to install each artificial thatch shingle.
• Now, begin installing the first layer of panels at the bottom row. Starting at the bottom will mimic the more organic appearance of natural thatch.
• Place your next layer of panels above the first one. For even coverage, overlap each artificial thatch shingle by seven to eight inches. If you have doubts about this placement, call us with your specific questions.
• Cover the peak at the top of your roof and the hips on the slope with smaller sections of thatch. Measure those gaps first, so you can cut your panels to seamlessly fill in the gaps.
To learn more about how to install artificial palm thatch on your structure, contact us at Palapa Umbrella Thatch Company. We look forward to speaking with you.
Place Your Order for Artificial Palm Thatch Today
Ready to place your order? We can ship it for free, directly to your door, and most orders ship out the same day. If you prefer to pick up your order in person from our Southern California warehouse, call us at 951-662-3472 to schedule an appointment for a pickup time. Please be aware that we are only open for pickups Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., with a one hour break from 12:30 to 1:30.
Call 1-866-944-TIKI (8454) to place an order.
We offer free shipping to your door!